On our May Trip, we got the chance to rediscover Red Rockett’s Pizza Port. It was a nice meal overall, but there was one dish that stood out from the rest: Countdown Chicken Fusilli. When we got home we did a little research to find the recipe used at Disneyland and we found a great one at Magical Kingdoms (make sure to check out this site for other treats from the parks). So, let’s countdown to chicken fusilli in 5-4-3-2-1
What’s so fantastic about this recipe, aside from the fact that it’s delicious, is that it’s insanely easy and fairly cheap. Literally, we went from measuring out ingredients to dishing up plates in under 30 minutes. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 5 oz Alfredo sauce mix (dry mix, we used 3 smaller Knorr packets)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz Pesto sauce (prepared sauce)
- 2 1b dry Cavatappi pasta (***the recipe name is a misnomer- the pasta used at Disneyland is actually Cavatappi…we bet they feel pretty Fusilli about their mistake)
- 1 lb sliced grilled chicken breast (we cooked ours ahead of time)
- 1 oz sun-tried tomato crumbles (these are optional)
Start by making the Alfredo sauce. You’ll want to follow the directions on the packet, just make sure to use substitute your 3 cups of liquid (milk + cream + water) in place of what the package calls for. Once the sauce is done, add in your pesto sauce and can we just take a moment to say that pesto is one of the yummiest substances ever? Because it is. Once you’ve given thanks for pesto, start cooking that Cavatappi.
While the pasta is cooking, the sauce will get a chance to thicken and become even more delicious and then comes the mixing…
Then slice up the chicken breasts and add some Parmesan and we have lift off…
If you’d like to try another park treat, make sure and check out our recipe for Disneyland Clam Chowder. It’s Disney delicious!